Make scholarship applications a priority
You’ve completed your application to SFA, scheduled an appointment with an advisor, found a place to live and even planned your first semester classes. Your next decision – how are you going to pay for it all?
SFA students have access to hundreds of opportunities to get scholarship funding to help you with college expenses. You just need to explore and apply!
Mathematics and statistics scholarships
Lumberjacks pursuing a major or minor in mathematics or applied statistics are also eligible for several degree-specific scholarships, including:
- Carl Monk, Jr. and Dr. Corinne Monk Jones Scholarship
- Ferguson Mathematics Department Scholarship
- F. Doyle Alexander Mathematics Scholarship
- Joe A. Neel Memorial Scholarship
- Joe McWilliams Mathematics and Statistics Scholarship
- Jason Balusek Department of Mathematics and Statistics Scholarship
- R.B. and Mary Pinson Memorial Scholarship
- SFA STEM Scholarship
- William D. Clark Mathematics Scholarship
- SFA Women in STEM Scholarship
University Regents Scholarship – Mathematics and Statistics
This award is for first-time incoming students at the freshman, sophomore or junior level who plan to major in mathematics or statistics. Learn more about requirements and renewals.
Getting started: financial aid
Whether you're applying for a scholarship, or interested in a grant, loan or work-study program, you'll need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and make sure you meet certain academic and financial requirements. Don’t worry, financial aid isn’t as complicated as it sounds, and we’re here to help you before, during and after the application process.