Financial Aid Important Information
Dates and Deadlines
July 2-August 6 Short Term Loan Open for Summer 2
July 7 Second Summer Aid Disbursement
Summer II Only Students
July 7 First Summer Aid Disbursement
July 8 Second Summer Aid Disbursement
August 17-September 28 Short Term Loan Open for Fall
August 24 First Fall Disbursement
September 29 Thirty-Day Disbursement
October 19 Second Fall Disbursement
March 15, 2015 Priority Date for 2015-2016 FAFSA
September 1, 2015 – February 1, 2016 Scholarship Application
Dates are subject to change. Please see website periodically for updates.
- Texas legislature recently passed HB 700 which repealed the Texas B-On-Time (BOT) Loan program. Beginning September 1, 2015, The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board will cease funding any new BOT Loan awards. Renewal students only will be reviewed for continued eligibility of these funds.
- The Texas legislature is phasing out the Top Ten Percent Scholarship Program. The article XI rider, requesting funding be continued for the 15-16 year, was not adopted by the legislature. The program will be available for renewal only starting in the 15-16 academic year. Renewal students only will be reviewed for continued eligibility of these funds.
- Click here for more information regarding the Financial Aid Attendance Policy.
- Beginning with the Spring 2015 semester, all first-time, first-year borrowers will have their Direct Loan fund disbursement date delayed 30 days after the first class day.
- If you are a one-term only student, your Direct Loan funds will disburse in two separate disbursements.
- Be aware of fraud! You may receive emails and/or letters requesting payment for completion of your FAFSA. Please do not pay anyone to complete your FAFSA. Completion of the FAFSA is free on www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you withdraw from the Summer I term (drop all courses summer I), you must notify the Financial Aid Office in writing that you plan to attend the Summer II term. Failure to do this will result in your summer financial aid being cancelled. You may email us at email@example.com with your student information and any questions.
Tax Return Information
Our office will not accept tax returns of any type! If you were the victim of identity theft and have been selected for verification, please contact our office to find out what information to provide.
The Office of Student Financial Assistance’s mission is to help currently enrolled and prospective students remove financial barriers by providing superior customer service while effectively communicating the implementation of federal, state, and institutional changes to policies and procedures. Access and assistance to financial aid information will be provided to all students in an effort to promote retention and graduation from Stephen F. Austin State University.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
SFA Box 13052
Nacogdoches, Tx 75962
2102 Alumni Drive North
Austin Building, Room 104
Nacogdoches, Tx 75961
Phone: (936) 468-2403
Fax: (936) 468-1048
Top of page