Financial Aid Important Information
Dates and Deadlines
May 23-June 29 Summer I Short Term Loan Available
May 31 First Summer Disbursement
June 15 Last day to submit summer financial aid appeals
June 30-August 3 Summer II Short Term Loan Available
July 5 Second Summer Disbursement
July 6 Summer I Thirty Day Delay Disbursement
August 22 First Fall Disbursement
September 28 Thirty Day Delay Disbursement
October 17 Second Fall Disbursement
Dates are subject to change. Please see website periodically for updates.
- The deadline to accept financial aid is 60 Days from the date the student was awarded. If your awards are not accepted within this time-frame, they will be cancelled.
- Requested documentation can be submitted to our office by mail, fax, in person, or emailed via your SFA email account. For security purposes, do not use an email account other than the assigned SFA email account to submit documentation to our office.
- Click here for more information regarding the Financial Aid Attendance Policy.
- Beginning with the Spring 2015 semester, all first-time, first-year borrowers will have their Direct Loan fund disbursement date delayed 30 days after the first class day.
- If you are a one-term only student, your Direct Loan funds will disburse in two separate disbursements.
- Be aware of fraud! You may receive emails and/or letters requesting payment for completion of your FAFSA. Please do not pay anyone to complete your FAFSA. Completion of the FAFSA is free on www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you withdraw from the Summer I term (drop all courses summer I), you must notify the Financial Aid Office in writing that you plan to attend the Summer II term. Failure to do this will result in your summer financial aid being cancelled. You may email us at email@example.com with your student information and any questions. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours in order to receive federal financial aid.
- All financial aid award package revision requests must now be submitted via your mySFA account.
- Beginning July 1, 2016, all undergraduate, graduate, and professional students are subject to repeated coursework rules. Click here for more information regarding these rules.
Tax Return Information
Our office will not accept tax returns of any type! If you were the victim of identity theft and have been selected for verification, please contact our office to find out what information to provide.
The Office of Student Financial Assistance’s mission is to help currently enrolled and prospective students remove financial barriers by providing superior customer service while effectively communicating the implementation of federal, state, and institutional changes to policies and procedures. Access and assistance to financial aid information will be provided to all students in an effort to promote retention and graduation from Stephen F. Austin State University.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
SFA Box 13052
Nacogdoches, Tx 75962
2102 Alumni Drive North
Austin Building, Room 104
Nacogdoches, Tx 75961
Phone: (936) 468-2403
Fax: (936) 468-1048
Top of page