Essence of Design - Interior Design Senior Showcase 2014
Exhibits on Second Floor of Ralph W. Steen Library
Date of exhibits: February 1 - March 1
SFA and El Centro College Articulation Agreement Signing
Signing of articulation agreement between SFA and El Centro College held at El Centro College Downtown Campus (A-Bldg., 2nd floor) on Wednesday, March 5th from 10:00 - 11:00.
An academic program in Human Sciences has been offered at SFA since the university opened in 1923. The school has academic majors in Child/Family Development, Food, Nutrition & Dietetics, Interior Design, Interior Merchandising, Fashion Merchandising, Hospitality Administration,and Family and Consumer Sciences.
Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees are offered; the B. S. program is among the largest in the state. Academic programs in Human Sciences prepare professionals who seek innovative solutions to the challenges of a contemporary society and of a changing world. The fundamental focus of the discipline is on humankind and the human condition throughout the life cycle.
SFA School of Human Sciences
Licensing and Credentialing
The School of Human Sciences has a number of professional programs that require testing for licensure.
For the past 5 years:
- The Dietetic Internship Program has had 48 students take the RD exam with 36 passing (75% pass rate).
- Thirty DPD students have applied to dietetic internships with 22 being accepted (73%). The national rate is 52%.
- The DPD program has had 28 students take the RD exam with 22 passing (79%) the first time.
- The Family and Consumer Sciences educator preparation program has had 31 sit for their certification with 28 passing (90%).
- Ten students have sat for the Interior Design Program's NCIDQ exam with 8 passing (80%).
- Human Sciences aggregate data: Total attempts 147; Successful attempts 116; 78.9% total pass rate.
Retention and Graduation Rates
- The School of Human Sciences has a 67.7% retention rate over the last 3 years. This is compared to a 64.1% retention rate for SFA.
- The School of Human Sciences six year graduation rate for first time, full time undergraduates is 51.3%. This is compared to SFA's rate of 43.4 %.
- Enrollment in the School of Human Sciences is up 8% during the last 5 years (690, fall of 2009 to 748, fall 2013).
- The Child Development Program was a top-enrolled SFA major fall 2012 as well as a top bachelor degree at SFA.
- Hospitality administration was a top SFA bachelor degree fall 2012.
The School of Human Sciences graduation rates are as follows:
|4 year (08-12)||5 year (07-12)||6 year (06-12)|
|88 enrolled||65 enrolled||79 enrolled|
|33 graduated(37.5%)||25 graduated(38.5%)||42 graduated(53.4%)|
|SFA's rate = 23.2%||SFA's rate = 38.3%||SFA's rate = 43.1%|