School of Human Sciences degrees and areas of study
Through seven Bachelor of Science programs, the School of Human Sciences prepares students to be highly qualified professionals who positively influence individuals, families and businesses in diverse global communities.
Your degree path will include active, hands-on educational opportunities beyond the traditional classroom experience, including service learning, internships and observations.
In every major, you’ll find faculty and staff who take a genuine and direct interest in your success at SFA and beyond. From meal management to human development, your educators will provide insight into the real world of work. Their professional experiences in their fields can help connect you with your future.
The School of Human Sciences also offers an all-online Master of Science degree that equips professionals to provide innovative solutions to the challenges of contemporary society and a changing world. Courses are taught by the same experienced instructors as SFA’s campus-based programs in a flexible, online environment.
Degrees and areas of study offered
The School of Human Sciences continues to expand its programs, experiences and services. We currently offer the following degrees, minors and certifications.
- Bachelor of Science in aviation sciences
- Bachelor of Science in construction management
- Bachelor of Science in dietetics and nutritional sciences
Concentrations: registered dietitian and preprofessional registered dietitian
- Bachelor of Science in food and nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in hospitality administration
Concentrations: culinary, lodging, meeting planning, restaurant, and travel and tourism
- Bachelor of Science in human sciences
Online degree option
- Bachelor of Science in interior design
- Bachelor of Science in merchandising
Concentrations: fashion merchandising and interior merchandising
- Master of Science in human sciences
Online degree with a 30-hour thesis option or a 36-hour nonthesis option
- Family and consumer sciences
- Food and nutrition
- Hospitality administration
- Human development and family studies
- Interior design
- Nutrition in health care