Mental Health Emergencies
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or the Burke Crisis Line at 1.800.392.8343.
SFA Counseling Services
SFA Counseling Services provides individual and group counseling, mental health workshops and presentations, and crisis intervention. Services are provided to SFA students and are free and confidential.
- Website: sfasu.edu/counselingservices
- Location: Rusk Building, third floor
- Phone: 936.468.2401
Burke is the local mental health authority for our 12-county East Texas region. It provides inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment and emergency mental health services.
- Website: myburke.org
- Location: 4632 NE Stallings Drive, Nacogdoches
- 24-hour crisis line:1.800.392.8343
- Mental health services: 936.634.5010 or 1.866.242.4556
- Alcohol and drug detoxification services: 936.634.5753 or 1.800.445.8562
SFA Human Services Counseling Clinic
Counseling is provided by supervised graduate students who are in the graduate counseling program in the SFA Department of Human Services and Educational Leadership.
- Website: sfasu.edu/humanservices/139.asp
- Location: Human Services, Room 202
- Phone: 936.468.1041
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas
The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas provides prevention and treatment services for chemical dependency.
- Website: adacdet.org
- Phone: 936.569.1445 or 1.800.445.8562
Family Crisis Center of East Texas
The Family Crisis Center of East Texas provides prevention services and assistance for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Website: familycrisiscenterofeasttexas.com
- 24-hour crisis line: 1.800.828.7233
- Nacogdoches outreach office phone: 936.569.1018
- On-campus advocate phone: 936.468.SAFE (7233)
Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic Mental Health Annex
The Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic Mental Health Annex provides mental health services for veterans.
- Website: va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?id=661
- Location: 1514 Ellis Ave., Lufkin
- Phone: 936.671.4300 or 1.800.209.3120
- Veterans crisis line:1.800.273.TALK (8255) or text 838255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1.800.273.TALK
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential support to people in distress.
- Website: suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Phone: 1.800.273.8255