We stress SAFETY because it affects you, your work, and the general well being of all employees as an important part of the University.
Mission Statement: The Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management Department will provide active leadership to enable Stephen F. Austin State University to protect employees, students, the general public, and the University's physical and financial asstes by reducing and controlling risk in the most efficient and cost effective manner while adhering to all local, state, and federal regulations.
Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management Values include:
- Excellence - We encourage excellence and strive to go beyond compliance promoting the best EHSRM practices
- Customer Service - We are committed to providing efficient, customer-friendly service to the university community
- Continuous Improvement - We recognize that improvement is a continuous process and we strive to be at the forefront of changes in our field
TEXTING WHILE DRIVING: ITS AGAINST THE LAW!
According to Nacogdoches City Ordiance Section 102 -125
"A driver of a motor vehicle may not use a wireless communication device to view, send, or compose an electronic message or engage other application software while operating a motor vehicle."
Not only is texting while driving a threat to you and those around you, you can face a fine up to $500.
For more information about the laws in Nacogdoches, you can click on the link below,
- Safety Training
- Safety Inspections
- University Insurance (Property, General Liability, Automobile, Crime, Boiler and Machinery, Director's and Officers) - see Risk Management Policy E-43.5
- Workers Compensation Coverage - see Policy E-55
- Drug and Alcohol Testing - see Policy E-61
- Automobile Accident Management - see Policy B-30, I.F.6
- Asbestos Management - see Policy D-5
- Fire Extinguisher Service / Fire Drills
- Construction, Renovation, Alteration Consultation (local, state, and federal regulations)
- Environmental Protection
- Hazardous Materials Disposal