What is SFA 101?
SFA 101 is a specially designed course for new students at SFA that:
- earns the student 1 semester hour of credit;
- meets 2 class hours per week with an instructor and a student instructor;
- is graded as a letter grade;
- is limited to 25 students per section;
- is PROVEN to raise GPA and college retention!
All entering freshmen should consider this course. This is NOT a remedial course. Many academically able students waste their time in college and sometimes drop out. This course can make the difference between success and failure at SFA.
Topics covered in SFA 101 include:
- Academic Integrity
- Accessing and Evaluating Information
- Campus and Community Service Opportunities and Obligations
- College Classroom Learning Strategies
- Overview of University Resources
- Personal Survival Skills (Time Management, Money Management, Alcohol, Drugs and Sex)
- SFA History, SFA Traditons, SFA Pride
- The True Value of a College Education
- University Rules and Procedures
- Working Successfully with Peers, Faculty and Staff