The Lumberjack Legacy Forest Program ensures your forestland remains forested for future generations while supporting education at SFA.
Benefits to you
- Preserve your forested land for future generations
- Ensure your land is used for the purpose(s) you intend
- Eliminate property tax burden
- Qualify for tax deductions
- Choose among options for maintaining timber revenue, recreational use, occupancy, etc.
Benefits to SFA
- Legacy Forests are used for laboratory and research sites, providing students with hands-on forest and environmental management opportunities.
- Revenue generated from Legacy Forests may be specified to benefit SFA scholarships or any university research effort or academic program you choose.
- The faculty and professional staff of SFA's Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture manage these properties.
Benefits to the environment
- Lumberjack Legacy Forests are managed using sustainable forest management principles. SFA is a member of the American Tree Farm System.
- Deed restrictions can be used to prevent future sale or land conversion. This helps prevent forest fragmentation and deforestation.
Consider entrusting your forestland to SFA and make your forest part of the Lumberjack Legacy.