The future of STEM
SFA’s STEM Research and Learning Center is a prime destination for STEM research, teaching and education. Our mission is to educate, train and inspire the next generation of STEM students and teachers – and everyone interested in the STEM fields.
Our primary objective is to increase the number of students interested in STEM careers and prepare them academically. With a focus on interdisciplinary research, the center is committed to increasing STEM awareness and public perception, facilitating innovation in STEM university education, and empowering STEM teachers and leaders to transform their districts.
Our key initiatives include:
- Outreach and recruitment with expanded activities for students and parents
- Research and evaluation to contribute to the existing knowledge base and increase research capacity within the STEM disciplines
- Professional development to strengthen district curriculum in STEM content areas
- Curriculum to align with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) that will ensure STEM proficiency in grades K-12
- Program design to strengthen post-secondary undergraduate and graduate programs
A message from STEM Center leadership
The mission of the SFA STEM Research and Learning Center is twofold. The Center facilitates the increase of research capacity within the STEM disciplines and between STEM and non-STEM fields. The Center also consolidates SFA’s support for STEM education, particularly by coordinating outreach efforts in K-12, undergraduate and graduate education and teacher development in STEM disciplines.
Dr. Jana Redfield
Assistant Director, STEM Research and Learning Center