Stephen F. Austin State University faculty members will be honored for their teaching abilities at the annual Teaching Excellence Convocation.
Dr. Della Connor is an assistant professor of nursing in the Richard and Lucille DeWitt School of Nursing. Her specialty and interests are in the area of kidney and urological disorders, including dialysis and chronic kidney disease. Connor earned her bachelor's degree in nursing from SFA, her master's degree in nursing from University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and her doctoral degree from University of Texas at Tyler. She teaches courses in SFA 101 and electives in the nursing field.
Dr. Janice Hensarling is an assistant professor of nursing in the School of Nursing. She received an associate's degree in nursing from Angelina College, a bachelor's degree in nursing from SFA, a master's degree in nursing as a family nurse practitioner from the University of Texas at Galveston, and a doctoral degree in nursing from Texas Woman's University. Hensarling has been a registered nurse for 37 years and a family nurse practitioner for 17 years. She has practiced in clinical areas throughout East Texas and has taught Community Health Nursing for 12 years at SFA.
As a clinical component of the Community Health Nursing course, students of Connor and Hensarling gain a wealth of practical experiences in local schools, home health agencies, Hospice, rural health clinics and health fairs.
Dr. Della Connor and Dr. Janice Hensarling
Spring 2013 Stephen Austin University DeWitt School of Nursing Community Nursing Mock Disaster Drill Project with University of Texas at Tyler
- DD#11 The actors--great job everyone!!
- DD#10 Assessment of the patient's needs.
- DD#9 Reunited! Nurses care for families.
- DD#8 More wounded.
- DD # 7 Loading the victim of the disaster.
- Bandaging the wounded. Caring: The heart of nursing.
- DD #7 Oxygen needed!!
- Disaster Drill Transfering the wounded to the level of care needed.
- Disaster Drill 6 Triaging the wounded.
- Disaster Drill Spring 2013 Setting up in the case of an emergency.
- Disaster Drill Setting up and ready for victims of the disaster.
- Disaster Drill In-coming wounded!
- Disaster Drill The wounded and dismayed.
- Disaster Drill 5 The aged.