Special Trip Reservations
Parking Services provides off-campus shuttle rides as a courtesy to members of the SFA community. Trips are scheduled for select locations and dates, and they may be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pick up is at the bus stop on Vista Drive at the Baker Pattillo Student Center.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to depart.
- Review the general information for campus shuttle services.
- Bring your campus ID and a copy of your trip registration. A registration confirmation will be sent to your SFA email address.
Evening Shuttle Bus Services
In the interest of safety of the faculty, staff, students and visitors to the campus, Parking Services operates an Evening Shuttle Bus service. This shuttle service runs Sunday - Thursday each week during the fall and spring semesters and on special occasions. The shuttle service operating hours are from 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. each evening of operation. The route of the shuttle service has been planned out to allow for a 15 minute route through the campus. The buses are ADA-compliant and wheelchair accessible. There will be a Dollar Tree run beginning April 8, 2021.
There are six strategically placed bus stops on the campus to accommodate those in need of the service.
- #1 Lot 46 at the Foot Bridge
- #2 Wilson Dr. near the Ag Bldg/Wilson Garage
- #3 Baker St. and Caroline St. (near Lumberjack Village/Mays Hall)
- #4 Front Entrance on Griffith Blvd. (on the curve)
- #5 Vista Dr. at the Baker Pattillo Student Center
- #6 E. College at East College Cafeteria (before the stop sign)
General Shuttle Information
The following information will help ensure the best experience when using the shuttle service.
Tips to Riding the Shuttle
- Bad weather, rush hour traffic, and peak class times can affect schedules and seating availability.
- For passenger safety and comfort SFA does not allow eating, drinking or smoking on the shuttles.
- Items left on the bus will be held at the UPD office. You can reach them at (936) 468-2608 to recover the lost items.
- Make sure you arrive at the bus stop with plenty of time before the next scheduled leave time as the bus will only pick you up if you are waiting at a designated SFA bus stop.
- Have a seat if available, relax and watch for your destination. If you are standing, stand behind the white line in the front of the bus and never stand or sit in the stairwell of the bus.
- Please pay attention so that you do not miss your stop because once the bus has pulled away from the stop the driver cannot let you off.
- The night shuttle goes to Walmart (North Street location) on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m., and to Dollar Tree (University Drive location) on Thursday nights at 7 p.m. Pick up is at the Student Center stop on Vista Dr. This service is not available during times when shuttle is not running.
- The evening shuttle operates Sunday - Thursday, when classes are in session, from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. during the fall and spring semesters only. Shuttles do not operate during the December break, summer, and university holidays or during intersessions.