SFA 101 Student Instructors
SFA 101 Student Instructors assume many responsibilities for the SFA 101 Freshman class they are working with. They provide support for the faculty members in charge and promote a positive learning environment for students. They work with students both inside and outside the classroom.
Student Instructors are compensated for 6 hours a week during the fall semester.
Student Instructors most meet the following requirements:
- A Student Instructor must be classified as a Junior or Senior, by Fall 2015 and meet academic standards (GPA of 3.0 or above) at the time of application. A Graduate Student may not be a Student Instructor.
- A Student Instructor must not have ever been subjected to disciplinary action as a result of a violation of Community Standards, Student Code of Conduct, or University Policy.
- A Student Instructor is required to attend a weekly student instructor class/meeting.
- A Student Instructor must be enrolled for at least 6 hours during the Fall Semester.
- A Student Instructor may have another job as long as it does not interfere with responsibilities of the Student Instructor position.
There are two postings for the position on the Human Resource site:
Student Assistant (Teaching Assistant) - 0603960
Student Assistant (Teaching Assistant), Work Study - 0603962
Application for 2016 SFA 101 Student Instructor positions are posted on the SFA Human Resources site.