Are you an SFA student interested in working with children?
Be sure to apply for work-study, when available. Work-study positions are part-time jobs are federally funded opportunities on-campus designed to help cover costs associated with your educational expenses. If you're interested in the federal work-study program, you will need to answer "yes" to question 31 on your FAFSA. Visit SFA's Applying for Aid page to learn more.
Apply today for a Teaching Assistant position!
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission's Child Care Licensing mandates training prior to employment as a caregiver. If offered a position at the Early Childhood Laboratory as a teaching assistant, we will schedule the required trainings with you.
Applied, interviewed and offered a position?
Documents for Employment
The following documents and resources are necessary after you're offered a position as an ECHL teaching assistant. You'll be notified by ECHL administration; do not proceed unless requested.
New-Hire paperwork: documents and resources
Documents to sign and return to ECHL admin, unless otherwise stated:
- Availability form:
- Background check authorization (PDF)
- Bring a copy of valid driver’s license or state identification.
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Options for training provided.
- Employees must keep their certification current.
- ECHL dress code (PDF)
- Voucher code for payment is provided.
- Hepatitis B immunization form
- Multimedia Release
- NAEYC Statement of Commitment (naeyc.org)
- Sign statement on page nine.
- Notarized Employment Affidavit (hhs.texas.gov)
- Notary located in the ECHL administrative office.
- Operational discipline and guidance policy (hhs.texas.gov)
- Pre-Employment Affidavit, Texas Health and Human Services form 2912
- TA Handbook
- Texas Minimum Standards
- Unofficial transcript (sfasu.edu/registrar)
Additional tasks and information:
- Register for JackAlert emergency notification system (sfasu.edu/upd)
- ECHL will schedule pre-service training prior to your state date.
Check your mySFA email account often for training information. These required trainings are no cost to you.