Welcome to the New-Lumberjack Experience!
Available for first-year, transfer and new non-traditional students, the New-Lumberjack Experience is a highly recommended one-credit-hour course that creates a welcoming and affirming environment for all new students without adding to your tuition cost when you're already enrolled for 12 or more credit hours.
Program goals for you include:
- developing a sense of belonging by discovering and connecting with the Lumberjack community.
- developing the skills necessary to achieve personal and academic goals.
- and contributing to a respectful and inclusive environment.
Foundation for success
Promoting active learning, personal growth and achievement, this course is the study and practice of methods for success in the classroom and in your career.
Topics covered include:
- academic integrity
- college classroom learning strategies
- diversity, equity and inclusion on campus
- financial literacy
- overview of SFA resources
- university policies, rules and procedures
- and working successfully with peers and faculty and staff members.
General and specialized sections
The New-Lumberjack Experience offers general and specialized sections. These specialized sections may be specific to your major, GenJacks, School of Honors, student-athletes, transfer students or others. If a specialized section doesn't fit your interest, choose a general section to get the most out of your experience.
Ready for the New-Lumberjack Experience? Course instructors and their teaching assistants are committed to your success and ready to help you navigate your unique college career.
Registering for SFAS 1101
Tell your advisor you want to take SFAS 1101! You can register for classes once you have been advised and have no other registration holds. Registering prior to attending Lumberjack Orientation is highly encouraged. To view the upcoming course sections, complete the following steps:
- Visit the dynamic schedule of classes.
- Select the proper term and click "Submit."
- Select SFAS Student Success in the "Subject" list.
- Enter 1101 in the Course Number box.
- Select the "Class Search" button at the bottom of the filter options.
To add the class to your course schedule, login to mySFA and select "Registration" from the menu. If you need assistance, view the Office of the Registrar's How to Register and Waitlist tutorials or contact the Student Success Center using the information below.