Purple Haze Association (PHA) is a commitment and a dedication amongst the student community to carry out The SFA Way and the Lumberjack Spirit while supporting fellow members of the University, on the field, court, diamond, or any other way possible. The Purple Haze student section was created in 2000, and became an official university sponsored organization in 2013.
We strive to be the main facilitators of Lumberjack Spirit by showing respect through sportsmanlike behavior, demonstrating responsible actions while representing any aspect of the University, and caring for the SFA name and its traditions, all while maintaining the highest level of integrity and remaining united by Purple Pride.
How to Join
Everyone becomes a member of the Purple Haze Association after they receive their Purple Haze shirt at orientation.
To become a leader in the Purple Haze Association, please fill out our leadership form at the link provided. https://forms.sfasu.edu/studentaffairs/purple-haze-association.asp
For more information, email email@example.com or call (936) 468-1923 during normal business hours.
The Purple Haze Association Student Directors help lead the members of PHA while they support the Lumberjacks! PHA Student Directors live by the SFA Way and let the Lumberjack spirit burn in their soul! Axe 'Em Jacks!
Purple Haze Association
- TBE Leaders in The Purple Haze Association giving back to the Nacogdoches community, by participating in The Big Event!
- Baseball practice Leaders supporting the baseball team during practice!
- Picture We always have fun at our meetings!
- Games Leaders within the Purple Haze Association, supporting their Lumberjacks!
- Members supporting Painting Huntsville purple at the basketball game VS. Sam Houston!
- SD's Supporting Spirit Teams in Daytona PHA Student Directors supporting Spirit Teams at Nationals, in Daytona!
- Jacks' Charge We love to support our Jacks!
- Jacks Charge Lumberjacks supporting the football team during Jacks' Charge!
- Teaming Up With Future Lumberjacks
- Purple Haze Association is the Loudest and Proudest
- QR Link to Membership Form
- The First Annual Holler At Homer Was A Success
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I purchase a PHA member T-shirt?
You cannot purchase a Purple Haze Association T-shirt, however there are two ways to receive a shirt:
- Become a PHA member and attend sporting events to earn points. When you earn enough points, you will receive the incentive.
- New students attending summer orientation receive a Purple Haze T-shirt with the SFASU school song printed on the back.
- Do I have to pay for Membership?
- No. Purple Haze Association is a free university-sponsored organization. You become a member of the Purple Haze Association after receiving your Purple Haze shirt during orientation.
- Where do I sit if I want to participate in the Purple Haze section?
- At football games, students sit behind the large metal sign on the visiting team's side. In William R. Johnson Coliseum, the Purple Haze section is 101.
- Is there a Purple Haze student section at away games?
- Are there leadership opportunities within PHA?
- Yes. You can become a leader within the Purple Haze Association to receive incentives. After being a leader in the organization for longer than six months, you can apply to be a Student Director. Please visit our office for more information, or email us.
- How do I learn more about Purple Haze Assoiciation?
Follow us on:
- Twitter (@SFAPurpleHaze)
- Facebook (facebook.com/stephenpurplehaze)
- Instagram (Purplehaze_SFA)
- Email us (Purplehaze@sfasu.edu)
- Snapchat us (pha_23)
The Office of Student Affairs Programs is committed to providing support for students with disabilities. If you are a student who needs an accommodation to attend or participate in one of our events or student organizations you are encouraged to stop by Room 325 in the Human Services Building to make your request. You may also call us at (936) 468-3004, TDD: (936) 468-1004.
If you have an accommodation request please see us as soon as possible, so we can make any arrangements necessary. Accommodations can only be arranged once a request has been submitted in writing to Disability Services. To the greatest extent possible, the Office of Student Affairs Programs shall observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.
Students who feel they have not been accommodated appropriately can appeal that decision utilizing the university appeals process.