ADA Advisory Committee
The ADA Advisory Committee provides guidance related to the development and maintenance of a barrier-free environment at SFA that facilitates equal opportunities and access for individuals with disabilities. The committee provides guidance, upon request, through review of policy and procedure relative to the university's compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Its members may also be called upon to provide input as resource members of other university committees and boards when needed.
Committee members shall consist of faculty/staff members with a background and/or experience in disability and accessibility related matters. The number of members may vary but will always include representation from the faculty, physical plant, residence life, and student affairs. The committee may seek input from other individuals as resource members as needed based on expertise.
Vice President for University Affairs
The university's ADA coordinator shall hold the position of chair on a permanent basis and preside at all meetings of the committee. An alternate member may be appointed by the VPUA to preside when schedule conflicts or potential conflicts of interest exist.
Term of Committee Members
Staff members serve by virtue of their position, so these terms are permanent.
Faculty members serve a term of three (3) years.
- Ms. Tiffany Rivers, Director of Disability Services - Chair
- Mr. Lee Brittain, Director of the Physical Plant
- Ms. D'nese Haddox, Associate Director of Residence Life
- Dr. Hollie Smith, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs - Programs
- Dr. Michael Walker, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs - Support Services
- Dr. Robbie Steward, Professor and Chair, Department of Human Services
- Dr. Jamie Weaver, Assistant Professor, School of Music
(2.2) Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities
(2.5) Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the ADA Amendments Act
(6.1) Academic Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
(6.6) Appeal Procedure Relating to the Provision of Accommodations for Students with Disabilities