On behalf of Stephen F. Austin State University, welcome to the Physical Plant Department website. On this site you will find information about our mission, the services we provide, and how to find the right resource for your needs. If you cannot quickly find what you are looking for, I sincerely welcome your feedback as an improvement opportunity.
The Physical Plant Department primary function is to provide the necessary services and support to maintain the University's buildings, grounds, and infrastructure in the best possible condition, thus allowing the faculty and administration to focus on education and the well-being of our students.
The SFA Physical Plant Department is responsible for the administration of all Education and General (E&G) facilitities and associated services, including:
- Building maintenance (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting)
- Grounds maintenance
- Custodial services (Cleaning, Recycling)
- Transportation services (Maintenance, rental, shuttles/road buses)
- Street maintenance (Cleaning, paving, sealing, striping)
- Utility distribution and infrastructure (Electric, gas, water, sewer, storm drains)
- Central store operations
- Campus Construction projects (Space renovation, new construction)
- Keys, locks, and door hardware (Locksmith)
- Miscellaneous Signs