The Physical Plant Department's Auto Shop Services operates a full service, cost effective repair facility offering all services necessary to maintain and repair university owned vehicles. University clients should utilize on-site services whenever possible.
- The Auto Shop shall serve as the SFA motor pool and shall have responsibility for maintenance, repairs, records, and alternative fuel location for all campus vehicles in accordance with SFA policy. The fleet manager shall assign and meet with campus area coordinators to administer departmental vehicles and comply with reporting requirements of the state's Office of Vehicles and Fleet Maintenance.
- The Auto Shop performs scheduled maintenance and repairs on all university owned vehicles and equipment. Expenses incurred for service on departmentally owned vehicles will be charged to the department.
- The Auto Shop will conduct an annual preventive maintenance inspection on each vehicle and make any repairs necessary. Expenses incurred for service on departmentally owned vehicles will be charged to the department. Departments will be contacted by the transportation shop to schedule annual preventive maintenance appointments.
- Departments may schedule unplanned repairs as needed by contacting the Auto Shop in person (preferred), by phone, or by email.
- Operators of university-owned vehicles are required by the Texas Government Code and university policy to report daily use of the vehicles. Reports are to be completed daily using a Texas Vehicle Use Report form. The monthly report must be completely filled out, signed and sent to the manager of transportation by the fifth calendar day of the following month. The manager of transportation will report mileage to the state as required. Departments failing to submit the required report(s) by the fifth calendar day of the month may be assessed a late penalty of $100 by the vice president for finance and administration, and continued violations can result in loss of university vehicle privileges.
- All maintenance and repairs performed by outside vendors must be authorized by the SFA Fleet Manager or Service Manager PRIOR TO REPAIRS. Email authorization is preferred.
Mindy Wolbert - ext. 7683 - email@example.com
Mark Scott - ext. 4411 - firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of after-hour emergencies, please call UPD at ext. 2608.