Welcome to the Physical Plant Department!
The Stephen F. Austin State University Physical Plant Department is dedicated to providing an environment that supports the mission and core values of the University in an efficient, safe, and cost effective manner. Working as a team, Physical Plant employees fulfill this mission by serving SFA students, faculty, staff and all University programs to contribute to their success and quality of life.
What We Do
The Physical Plant Department is responsible for the administration of all education and general facilities and associated services, including:
- Building maintenance (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting)
- Grounds maintenance
- Custodial services (cleaning, recycling)
- Transportation services (maintenance, rental, shuttles/road buses)
- Street maintenance (cleaning, paving, sealing, striping)
- Utility distribution and infrastructure (electric, gas, water, sewer, storm drains)
- Central store operations
- Campus construction projects (space renovation, new construction)
- Keys, locks, and door hardware (locksmith)
- Miscellaneous signage
In addition, services may be performed for auxiliary departments upon request. All related costs are the responsibility of the requesting department and will be charged through the SFA Inter-Department Transfer process.