Central Stores provides a supply of materials primarily to support maintenance activities. Additionally, a limited number of other items are provided to support instructional and administrative activities.
For questions or to place an order, contact Central Stores at 468-5303.
Purchases from Central Stores will be allowed only upon presentation of
- a valid university account number,
- a work order number,
- and an authorized signature on a sales receipt.
Sales will not be made to overdrawn accounts without approval of the appropriate vice president.
How to place an order:
- For orders of individual items and/or orders of 3 cases or fewer: Orders may be placed in person at the Central Stores sales counter between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch).
- For orders larger than 3 cases: Please place orders 72 hours in advance of pick-up time by telephone at 468-5303 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch).
Picking up an order:
Orders may be picked up at the Central Stores sales counter located at the back (East side) of the Purchasing Building at the corner of East College and Wilson Drive between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch).
For more information, please refer to SFA Central Stores Policy.
Returns with credit will be allowed for non-discontinued merchandise within 10 days of purchase. Defective/damaged merchandise will be replaced, or a refund made, when return is made within a reasonable period of time. The counter release number is required for all returns, replacements, and credits.
Request to Stock Merchandise
New merchandise will be added to the Central Stores stock by the supervisor upon the request of a department head, or their designee, when the item meets one or more of the following criteria:
- The item is critical to operations and not available in the local marketplace.
- The item is needed routinely by one or more departments.
- Institutional benefits can be shown either in having the item available when needed, or by saving money through ordering in bulk.
- Adequate physical facilities are available to store and protect the merchandise.
Special items stocked at the request of a department that are not sold after a reasonable time (one year) will be charged to the requesting department and disposal of the items will be the responsibility of the requesting department.