Log in to your mySFA account
As SFA’s central student assistance and informational portal, your mySFA account gives you access to such notable services as:
- register for classes, view your account balance, check financial aid status and accept financial aid awards
- access your campus email account
- access Brightspace by D2L (the learning management system used to access online classes)
- and view your degree plan, among many others.
For assistance accessing mySFA, contact The Help Desk at 936.468.HELP (4357), or visit their website at help.sfasu.edu.
Check TSI status
If you are not exempt, you will need to take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment test. You must be compliant with the TSI law in order to be advised and to register.
For assistance, contact the Student Success Center’s TSI office at 936.468.5803.
Contact your academic advisor
Prior to registering for classes each semester, you must meet with your academic advisor. You can find your advisor’s contact information by logging into mySFA and choosing the “Advising” tab. Email your advisor to request an appointment and, in that message, include your student ID number, indicate you are an online student, and inquire about scheduling a virtual (Zoom, phone, email) advising appointment.
Register for classes
Sign up for online Orientation
Email SFA Orientation and Transition Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the online Orientation. In your communication, please indicate you are an online student and include your SFA student ID.
Check financial aid status
If you have applied for federal financial aid and have submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, and any required documents, you can check your financial aid status and accept awards through mySFA.
Pay tuition and fees
eBill is SFA’s electronic billing system. Prior to and throughout each semester or term, billing notifications are emailed to your SFA address to let you know when your bill is available for viewing. To access your eBill online:
- Log in to mySFA.
- Click the “Billing” tab.
- Click “Pay Online with eBill.”
For assistance with eBill, contact the Business Office at 936.468.6960 or email@example.com.
A few friendly “To-Do” reminders...
- First-Year: Submit a final high school transcript upon graduation to the SFA Office of Admissions.
- First-year and Transfers:
- Submit official college transcripts (upon course completion) of any college coursework taken during or after high school to the SFA Office of Admissions.
- Bacterial meningitis immunization requirement: In order to live on campus or take face-to-face classes, state law requires new students have a bacterial meningitis vaccine, that is less than five years old, administered at least 10 days prior to the start of term.