Log in to your mySFA account
As SFA’s central student assistance and informational portal, your mySFA account gives you access to such notable services as:
- register for classes, view your account balance, check financial aid status and accept financial aid awards
- access your campus email account
- access Brightspace by D2L (the learning management system used to access online classes)
- and view your degree plan, among many others.
For assistance accessing mySFA, contact The Help Desk at 936.468.HELP (4357), or visit their website at help.sfasu.edu.
Contact your program coordinator
Once you’re admitted, you’ll need to talk with your program coordinator to outline your degree plan. Unsure of who your program coordinator is? Visit the Graduate Program Coordinator page on the Office of Research and Graduate Studies website for contact information.
Inquire about graduate assistantships
You may have already looked into federal and state financial aid options. A graduate assistantship is another opportunity to fund your education. These assistantships are awarded by departments to carefully selected students. Learn more about graduate assistantships, and contact your program coordinator for additional information.
Register for classes
Check financial aid status
If you have applied for federal financial aid and have submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, and any required documents, you can check your financial aid status and accept awards through mySFA.
Pay tuition and fees
eBill is SFA’s electronic billing system. Prior to and throughout each semester or term, billing notifications are emailed to your SFA address to let you know when your bill is available for viewing. To access your eBill online:
- Log in to mySFA.
- Click the “Billing” tab.
- Click “Pay Online with eBill.”
For assistance with eBill, contact the Business Office at 936.468.6960 or email@example.com.
A few friendly “To-Do” reminders...
- If you haven’t already done so, request that the university that conferred your bachelor’s degree send your final, official transcript by email to the SFA Office of Research and Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students under the age of 22 are required to submit proof of meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first class day or 10 days prior to move-in date if living on campus. Documentation should be sent to the SFA Office of Admissions.
- Students taking 100% of their courses online are exempt from this requirement, but if you choose to take a class on campus, you will be required to submit evidence of receiving the meningitis vaccination prior to registering.