We will all profit from a more diverse, inclusive society, understanding, accommodating, even celebrating our differences, while pulling together for the common good.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Housed by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the DEI ambassador program seeks to engage Stephen F. Austin State University students in critical issues in diversity, multicultural education and social justice. Ambassadors play a critical role in facilitating relationship-building and learning opportunities across the SFA campus.
Duties of DEI Ambassadors
- Conduct diversity and social justice presentations to students on campus
- Act as a resource to incoming students and parents by sharing information about a variety of aspects regarding the SFA community
- Assist in the preparation for SFA Unity Week during the fall semester
- Facilitate presentations for the Student Diversity Certification Program
- Initiate and develop communication with students and family members at university events
- Work with faculty and staff members, fellow ambassadors and members of the administration to facilitate the success of all diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Serve as a representative of SFA in a variety of situations related to diversity and inclusion.