Support and guidance every step of the way
How do you make a great nursing program even greater? In addition to offering top-notch instructors, opportunities for hands-on, real-world training and access to our one-of-a-kind simulation lab, we also offer extensive resources to help our nursing students succeed.
Have questions about graduation requirements? Your advisor will be there to answer questions and offer continued guidance and support until the day you graduate.
A wealth of information and advice
Your advisor will do much more than help you navigate the path to your nursing degree. In addition to helping you choose courses and track your academic progress, your advisor can help you:
- Ensure that you satisfy all requirements and prerequisites
- Find support if you’re struggling academically
- Ensure a smooth transition from pre-nursing to the nursing program
Faculty and staff
The academic advisor for students in the Richard and Lucille DeWitt School of Nursing is Chris Strong.
Visit: DeWitt School of Nursing, Room 106
How to make an appointment
To schedule an appointment with an advisor:
- Log into mySFA
- Click on the "Advising" tab
- In the "My Advisor" portal, and go to your assigned advisor
- Click on "Schedule an appointment with your advisor"
For additional assistance, please call 936.468.7702.