Are you a licensed registered nurse looking to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing? SFA can help you obtain the credits you need with an affordable online program that allows you to continue practicing while you learn.
If you have already completed an associate degree or diploma program, this is the perfect program for you!
Our online program gives you the flexibility to learn on your own schedule. You’ll have opportunities to network and interact with other nursing students while you stay in the field, doing what you love. Most importantly, you don’t have to miss work to attend class! Only two trips to campus are encouraged – orientation and graduation. We invite you to attend orientation to meet the faculty and see the campus. This allows you to get organized and feel comfortable. We also invite you to attend pinning and graduation to celebrate your success and let us celebrate with you.
Only 31 hours
The RN-BSN program requires only 31 hours, less than many similar programs. You will review content from your associate degree and your nursing career through courses such as Health Assessment and Pharmacology and will further explore courses such as Community and Leadership.
Affordable Tuition Package
The program has an affordable tuition package, costing $8,300 or $268 per credit hour. The price is locked in as long as you graduate within four years.
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and approved by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Finish in less than a year
You can finish the program in less than a year with three options for a start date. Starting in September, you can graduate in August; starting in January, you can graduate in December; and starting in June, you can graduate in May. Part-time options are available to fit your needs as well.
Easy to navigate online courses
The online courses go through a rigorous process to become online certified. Instructors work with the Center for Teaching and Learning to ensure the courses are easy to navigate and accessible from mobile devices.
Caring, engaged and present faculty
We take pride in the personal connection built between the students and faculty. You will see the faculty recruiting, advising, teaching and communicating with you all along the way. We know you and care for you as person, not a number. Many faculty members have walked in your shoes, receiving their associate degree and then completing the RN-BSN program. The faculty are located on the SFA campus. The coordinator/advisor is happy to take your calls at any time once you are enrolled, giving you easy access to assistance that works with your schedule.
Flexible courses and practicum options
Flexible course offerings include five-week and eight-week courses. Four hour practicum courses are offered over 16 weeks to allow the student adequate time to complete requirements. Practicum hours can be completed where you live through virtual simulation, clinical application-based projects and an optional precepted clinical.
Ease of admission
Admission is offered year-round. Three start dates allow you to decide when you want to start. Students may be conditionally admitted and enrolled in courses for one semester after graduation with an associate degree in nursing prior to licensure. Some course restrictions may apply. If you work directly with the coordinator, you can bypass NursingCAS and complete a free application. Reach out to be advised today.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- apply knowledge of the physical, social and behavioral sciences in the provision of nursing care based on theory, research and evidence-based practice
- deliver nursing care within established legal and ethical parameters in collaboration with clients and members of the interdisciplinary health care team
- provide holistic nursing care to individuals, families, communities and society as a whole while respecting individual and cultural diversity
- demonstrate effective leadership that fosters independent thinking, use of informatics and collaborative communication in the management of nursing care
- assume responsibility and accountability for quality improvement and delivery of safe and effective nursing care
- serve as an advocate for clients and for the profession of nursing
- and value continuing competence, growth and development in the profession of nursing.
Applicants must either be working as an RN in Texas or, if recently graduated, be seeking employment as an RN in Texas.
Additionally, applicants must:
- complete prerequisites
- have an overall GPA of 2.5 in prerequisite courses
- and be eligible to take the NCLEX or have already received their nursing license.
How to Apply
All applicants must:
- Apply to SFA via ApplyTexas.org and pay necessary application fee
- Complete an application to NursingCAS R.N.-B.S.N. program and pay necessary application fee
Students are required to submit documentation of required immunizations and paperwork upon admission.
Please ensure that the application is completed in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Interested in Financial Assistance?
Visit the Financial Aid for Online Students page to learn about opportunities for financial assistance.
Questions? Visit our Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing FAQ page or use the contact information below.