Earn your degree online while you work
Are you a licensed registered nurse looking to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing? SFA can help you obtain the credits you need with an affordable online program that allows you to continue practicing while you learn.
If you have already completed an associate’s degree or diploma program, this is the perfect program for you!
Start your path to career advancement
Whether you want to go forward in your current organization or open the door to new career opportunities, a degree from SFA’s nationally recognized nursing program can help you do just that. Our online R.N to B.S.N. program is very affordable, and you can get your degree in as little as one year.
Learn on your time and on your terms
Our online program gives you the flexibility to learn on your own schedule. You’ll have opportunities to network and interact with other nursing students while you stay in the field, doing what you love. Most importantly, you don’t have to miss work to attend class!
Only one trip to campus is required for orientation, the week before your first semester begins.
Small class size
We take pride in our small class sizes and the personal connection built between the students and faculty. You will see the faculty recruiting, advising, teaching and communicating with you all along the way. We know you and care for you as person, not a number.
Program Learning Outcomes
- apply knowledge of the physical, social and behavioral sciences in the provision of nursing care based on theory, research and evidence-based practice
- deliver nursing care within established legal and ethical parameters in collaboration with clients and members of the interdisciplinary health care team
- provide holistic nursing care to individuals, families, communities and society as a whole while respecting individual and cultural diversity
- demonstrate effective leadership that fosters independent thinking, use of informatics and collaborative communication in the management of nursing care
- assume responsibility and accountability for quality improvement and delivery of safe and effective nursing care
- serve as an advocate for clients and for the profession of nursing
- and value continuing competence, growth and development in the profession of nursing.
Requirements for admission are:
- completed prerequisites
- current licensure to practice as a registered nurse and working as a registered nurse.
- overall GPA of 2.5 in prerequisite courses, including transfer courses.
- completed application to NursingCAS RN-BSN track (nursingcas.org).
- a completed an associate degree or diploma program.
- be eligible to take the NCLEX or have already received your nursing license.
How to Apply
All applicants must:
- Apply to SFA via ApplyTexas.org and pay necessary application fee
- Complete an application to NursingCAS R.N.-B.S.N. program and pay necessary application fee
Students are required to submit documentation of required immunizations and paperwork upon admission.
Please ensure that the application is completed in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Interested in Financial Assistance?
Visit the Financial Aid for Online Students page to learn about opportunities for financial assistance.
Coursework and requirements
You already know what it means to be a great nurse. We’re here to help you transfer that knowledge to a bachelor’s degree without interrupting your career. The R.N. to B.S.N. track includes 31 hours, with courses focused on practical knowledge in areas such as leadership, community, research and the impact of culture on health care delivery.
*See the Undergraduate Bulletin for additional details, deadlines and requirements.
Questions? Visit our Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing FAQ page or use the contact information below.