A program for today’s nurses
The SFA nursing program provides an innovative education for our students. SFA professors team-teach every course to provide multiple viewpoints, and they are with you every step of the way, from classroom to hospital floor. You receive hands-on clinical experience in local medical facilities and our high-tech simulation lab.
DeWitt School of Nursing mission
Our mission is to provide students a foundation for success as graduate nurses who are ethical, competent critical thinkers by providing an educational environment that promotes holistic healthcare in an educational community dedicated to teaching, research, creativity, and service.
Program learning outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply knowledge of the physical, social and behavioral sciences in the provision of nursing care based on theory and evidence based practice
- Deliver nursing care within an established legal and ethical parameters in collaboration with clients and members of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Provide holistic nursing care to clients while respecting individual and cultural diversity
- Demonstrate effective leadership that fosters independent thinking, use of informatics and collaborative communication in the management of nursing care
- Assume responsibility and accountability for quality improvement and delivery of safe and effective nursing care
- Serve as an advocate for clients and for the profession of nursing
- Demonstrate continuing competence, growth and development in the profession of nursing