Valuable real-world experience
At SFA, we believe that learning happens inside and outside of the classroom – and we provide our students with a variety of ways to get into the “real world” and see where their interests and studies can take them.
Passionate about political science or public administration? Do you have your sights set on applying to law school or pursuing a career in law enforcement? The Department of Government offers several opportunities for you to explore careers and gain valuable experience through field trips and internships with a variety of local and state agencies, universities and more.
Get out of the classroom and see how your studies affect the real world. Our students have opportunities to go on a variety of field trips each year, such as the Pre-Law Club’s annual field trip to Baylor University Law School.
Students majoring in public administration, criminal justice and political science have the opportunity to complete exciting internships in a variety of organizations. Examples of past internships include:
- City of Center – city manager
- City of Lufkin – human resources
- City of Nacogdoches – human resources
- City of Nacogdoches – inspections
- Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce
- Nacogdoches County – county attorney
- Nacogdoches Independent School District – human resources
- Stephen F. Austin State University – Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Stephen F. Austin State University – Veterans Resource Center