Joining a professional society, club, organization or honor society is a great way to make friends, get to know your professors, connect with professionals in the field and become a more successful student. SFA is home to hundreds of student clubs and organizations, including clubs for students interested in music.
For more information about music-related clubs and organizations, contact your faculty advisor or view the SFA clubs and organizations.
School of Art clubs and organizations
Outside the classroom, you'll find numerous extracurricular opportunities to share your love of art with your fellow peers. Check them all out here:
- American Advertising Federation
- Collaborate with marketing, mass communication, and other students. AAF provides additional generous scholarships and internships to qualified student member applicants.
- American Institute of Graphic Artists
- This internationally renowned professional service organization features the best of graphic design. SFA's student chapter plans and hosts meetings, design exhibitions, field trips and workshops.
- SFA Art Alliance
- Art Alliance is a fine arts organization, open to all majors, that invites students from across campus to explore artistic endeavors with other creatively-minded people outside the classroom.
- Photo Club
- Open to all majors
- SFA Film Club
- SFA Film Club is a place where students can interact with fellow movie- lovers and movie-makers.
Each organization has a different faculty sponsor. If you don't know who to contact, ask one of their members or contact the School of Art office at email@example.com.
Opportunities outside the School of Art
Graphic designers network with campus colleagues by joining related student organizations such as the American Marketing Association SFA chapter.