Skip to main content

Your SFA academic advisor will help you successfully transition to college life and assist you in making responsible decisions aligned with your goals, interests and degree requirements. Your advisor also will help you keep track of your academic progress.

Helping you plan a program of study that fits your interests and career goals, they will help you stay on track and stay motivated along the way. Your advisor can also help you:

  • change your major or minor
  • explore potential career paths
  • identify and apply for internships
  • answer questions about academic policies
  • adjust to college life
  • get back on track if you're struggling academically
  • and file for graduation.

Who is my advisor?

You'll find your advisor and their contact information on the registration page in mySFA.

For additional assistance, contact your college's main advising center.

Resources to prepare for advising

Academic Standing

A student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to remain in good academic standing. Refer to HOP policy 04-102 (PDF) for details on academic probation, suspension and eligibility for reinstatement.

Undergraduate students: Summer term is an opportunity to improve your GPA and your academic standing. If your summer term GPA is below 2.0, you will not be placed on academic suspension. Instead, your academic standing will be carried over from the spring term.

Academic standing response to COVID-19: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, SFA suspended academic standing penalties during the spring, summer and fall 2020 terms for undergraduate, graduate and doctorate students. The HOP policy 04-102 (PDF) was reinstated spring 2021.