SFA Testing Services offers a secure, comfortable and centralized testing environment for the non-profit National Institute for Automotive Serve Excellence (ASE) certification exam. You are allowed to test four times a year, and each test window is eight weeks long.
All testing is taken on an easy-to-use computer with trained proctors to assist.
How to Schedule
Online 24/7 - Register, schedule and review your tests results online at www.ase.com/register-now anytime with your myASE account.
By Telephone - Call ASE Customer Service at (800) 390-6789 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern, Monday through Friday.
When registering or scheduling your appointment, be sure that the spelling of your name exactly matches the name printed on the identification document(s) you will present at the test center. If this information does not match, you will not be permitted to test and your fee will be forfeited. There are no exceptions. You will have to register again and pay another test fee. Be sure to provide your entire first name (given name) and your entire last name (family name). Do not register under a nickname. If your ID document contains two last names, enter the names exactly as presented on your ID document. If you register via the telephone, please make sure you are registered under your complete name as it appears on your ID.
If your name has changed for any reason, including marriage, you still must present primary identification in the name under which you are registered, or you will not be permitted to test. Marriage certificates and divorce decrees cannot be used to confirm name difference. Please do not bring these documents to the test center.
Acceptable Primary Identification Documents
- You must have acceptable and valid (not-expired) ID with your name, signature and photograph. ID requirements are strictly enforced.
- Passport with your name, photograph and signature
- Valid driver’s license with your name, photograph and signature
- State ID issued by motor vehicle agency with your name, photograph and signature
- National ID with your name, photograph and signature
- Military ID with your name, photograph and signature
- You MUST PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT with your name, photograph and signature as your primary identification document if you are testing OUTSIDE your country of citizenship.
Unacceptable Identification Documents
- Any expired ID
- International driver’s license
- Draft classification card
- International student ID
- Credit/debit card of any kind
- Notary-prepared letter or document
- Social Security card
- Employee ID card
- Learner’s permit or any temporary ID
- Birth certificate
- Any photocopied document
Accommodations will be made for examinees with disabilities or other health conditions, pending review and approval from ASE Customer Service. If you have a disability or medical condition that you believe requires an adjustment to the testing environment, you are encouraged to apply for accommodated testing. You will be required to submit documentation of your disability or condition at the time of registration. Before submitting your request, ASE strongly encourages you to review the different application types and corresponding deadlines. ASE will notify you if the request has been approved and provide you with additional steps to confirm your registration. For additional information regarding accommodations, contact visit ASE online or call ASE Customer Service at (800) 390-6789.