The Office of Strategic Analytics and Institutional Research advances the university mission and institutional objectives by providing data-informed support for current and future university decision-making.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Create institutional analyses, interpreting data and publishing results for distribution to appropriate university executive leadership, administrative and academic unit leaders or the general public.
- Consult with and advise university administrators, faculty and staff in support of strategic planning, policy development, and accountability for purposes including continuous improvement, accreditation and university data management.
- Support the university strategic operations through the process of defining, communicating and driving the implementation of institutional data governance and data management methodologies.
- Seek opportunities and promote data sharing to support cost savings and improved information management outcomes.
- Advocate and fulfill the university responsibilities related to multiple external constituents.
SFA Mission Statement
Stephen F. Austin State University is a comprehensive institution dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative work and service. Through the personal attention of our faculty and staff, we engage our students in a learner-centered environment and offer opportunities to prepare for the challenges of living in the global community.
In order to accomplish this mission, SFA will engage in strategic planning guided by our collective vision of what the preferred future of SFA should look like.