In 2022, SFA committed $1.5 million to co-locating the Lumberjack Learning Commons units in Steen Library to make our services more accessible to the SFA community. The choice of location is no accident; the library is the academic heart of SFA, a common ground for gathering and learning. LLC facilities provide specialized equipment, welcoming spaces and knowledgeable and professional staff.
- 3,900 square foot, SFA Makerspace, which features more than a dozen 3D printers, two laser cutters, sewing machines, embroidery machines, vinyl cutters, virtual reality equipment, graphic/video and music stations, circuitry equipment and more.
- newly-renovated Learning Lounge, an open studying and gathering space that features comfortable furniture, a collaboration station, vending machines and a small kitchen.
- Student Success Center, including multiple computer workstations open to all students.
- Office of International Programs, freshly updated and featuring a small student lounge.
- Academic Assistance and Resource Center, with nearly 4,000 square feet dedicated to peer tutoring, including multiple adjoined and satellite classrooms.
- and Center for Teaching and Learning which includes a faculty computer lab and three meeting spaces available for faculty use.
Nearby first-floor facilities and services hosted by our building partners, Steen Library and Information Technology Services, include:
- recently updated Lumberjack Learning Lab 1 (formerly the LINC), with 60 computer workstations, available any time the first floor is open
- Help Desk, available to provide IT services (located in the Lumberjack Learning Lab 1) and support for Zoom and other technologies
- Lumberjack Learning Lab 2, a classroom available for reservations by faculty or student organizations
- Lumberjack Learning Lab 3, with more than 30 workstations available by reservation
- The study area, featuring modern furnishings and a quiet atmosphere
- Library Services Desk, staffed by knowledgeable library professionals available to answer research and reference questions
- and Wyatt Room, a flexible, centralized meeting space.