A variety of research opportunities
Looking for hands-on experience? Interested in a deeper exploration of cyber security, coding or database structure? SFA’s computer science faculty members work with undergraduates to produce co-authored research, presentations at scientific conferences and poster presentations.
Our faculty members have three broad areas of research:
- Best practices for secure systems
- Secure coding and implementation
- Defense against cyberattacks
- Malware detection and prevention
- Coding standards
- Software design and structure
- Software reuse
- Software project management and lifecycles
- Database management systems implementations and structures
- Data structure and analysis
- Algorithm analysis
A focus on STEM
In addition to working with undergraduate Lumberjacks on research projects, SFA faculty members work hard to get students interested in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. Our faculty members host summer STEM programs for high school students and participate in STEM Day activities that raise awareness about career opportunities in computing.