SFA Testing Services
Testing services promotes the institutional mission of Stephen F. Austin State University and the Division of Student Affairs by providing opportunities for students and community members to develop self-knowledge concerning academic and professional goals. Through local, state, and national testing programs, individuals will realistically identify, assess, understand, and pursue their competencies, course placement, and career opportunities.
Tests Available by SFA Appointment
Call Testing Services at (936) 468-3958 to schedule any of the following tests:
- College-Level Examination Program Tests (CLEP)
- Correspondence / Distance Learning Tests
- Dantes Standardized Subject Tests (DSST)
- Major Field Test (MFT)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education
- Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSI)
Tests Available by Testing Client Registration
Contact the appropriate testing client directly to register for any of the following tests:
- Advance Placement Testing (AP)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- General Educational Development Test (TxCHSE) (GED)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE General)
- Graduate Record Examinations Subject Test (GRE Subject)
- ISO Quality Testing (IQT)
- Kryterion, Inc
- Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
- Meazure Learning
- Pearson Vue Information Technology Testing
- Performance Assessment Network (PAN)
- PRAXIS Test
- Professional Service Industries (PSI) - ATLAS
- Professional Service Industries (PSI) - Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Texas Educator Certification (TExES)
Always check the policies and procedures for your test sponsor and, be aware of the items you may or may not bring to the testing center.
- Dress comfortably in layers for all tests; be prepared to adapt to variations in room temperature.
- Jackets and coats are not permitted by many testing sponsors, but you may wear sweaters or light-weight outerwear.
- Hats are not permitted in the testing room.
- Lockers are provided for storage of coats and other restricted items.
- Current, valid photo identification is required for all tests.
- Confirm the identification requirements of the testing sponsor before registering for your test.
Restricted items (do not bring with you to the testing center)
- Mechanical pencils
- Cell phones/smartphones
- PDAs, tablet PCs, iPods, IPads, etc.
- Study materials (unless permitted by the test sponsor)
- Hats, headgear and outwear with hoods
- Cameras and any other photographic, communication, computer and electronic devices
- Food, drinks, gum, candy and tobacco products
Testing Services maintains ethical guidelines and standards that govern the profession. The department adheres to the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers; ethical guidelines for the Texas Association of Collegiate Testing Personnel; and American College Personnel Association's Statement of Ethical Principles and Standards.
Extensive information on a wide variety of testing and related topics may be found online. Inclusion in this listing below does not imply that SFA Testing Services endorses the information.
Meet the Staff