The mission of the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) is to help protect the lives and property of the citizens of Texas by developing and enforcing professional standards for the fire service which includes certification, training approval and testing, curriculum and standards compliance.
Testing Services at Stephen F. Austin State University, in partnership with the TCFP, offer computerized testing for individuals who desire to take:
- Basic Wildland Firefighter
- Driver Operator-Aerial
- Driver Operator-Pumper
- Hazardous Materials Incident Commander
- Incident Safety Officer
- Instructor I
- Instructor II
- Instructor III
- Officer I
- Officer II
- Officer III
- Officer IV
Test Registration and Scheduling
- Pre-register at the Texas Commission on Fire Protection website.
- You must call SFA Testing Services at (936) 468-3958 to schedule your test date.
- Test must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- Location: Thomas J. Rusk Building, Room 328
- Candidates must bring their online testing eligibility form on test day
- Cost: $40 (Cash, credit/debit card, check, or money order payable to SFASU)
Current (not expired) official photo identification: Original and valid (not expired) government-issued identification is required. Acceptable identification documents include passport with photo and signature, driver's license with photo and signature, state identification issued by motor vehicle agency with photo and signature, or military identification with photo and signature. No other identification will be accepted.
- Cellular telephones, smart watches, fitbits, cameras, and all photographic, communication, computer and electronic devices are strictly prohibited in the testing room.
- Prohibited items may not be accessed during any unscheduled breaks.
- Mechanical pencils and pens are not allowed in the testing room.
- Food, drinks, gum, candy and tobacco are not permitted in the testing room.
If you have questions concerning TCFP testing, the training program or getting registered for an exam, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 936-3838.