The TSI Assessment measures your strengths and weaknesses in mathematics and statistics, reading and writing, and is an indicator of how ready you are to handle college-level courses. The results of the assessment, in conjunction with your academic background, goals and interests, are used by academic advisors and counselors to place you in the appropriate course that matches your skill level. The goal is to help you become ready for college-level coursework. Call (936) 468-3958 to schedule your TSI Assessment exam in personat the testing center.
The TSI Assessment may be administered virtually through Examity proctoring services. Candidates must complete the pre-assessment activity for SFA and then forward a copy of the Certificate of Completion email along with a request for a TSIA voucher to Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: you must complete the PAA before a voucher is created.
Proctoring: Sessions are available 24/7, every day of the year, and students have access to Examity’s 24/7-technical support through phone, email, or chat. Candidates may test at their convenience.
Proctoring Fee: $30 with no hidden or additional fees no matter if the student schedules in advance or wants to take their test immediately; all major credit and debit cards accepted. (This fee is not a part of the cost of the TSIA exam.)
- ACCUPLACER tests can only be administered on a desktop computer or laptop.
- The device must have a webcam and microphone (built-in or external).
- Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload.
- Operating systems: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer.
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v47 or later, Mozilla Firefox v41or later, Internet Explorer v10 or later, Microsoft Edge v12 or later, Apple Safari v6 or later.
- Students can check their system requirements here.
Scheduling: After SFA Testing creates the voucher, the student will receive an email from ACCUPLACER with a voucher code that is used to take the exam. Included in the email is an Examity link, which will bring the student to the Examity registration page. Once registered, the student will receive a confirmation email with login credentials. The student will then log into the Examity dashboard where they will set up their profile and schedule their exam (using the assigned voucher code).
Mandatory Pre-Assessment Activity
Before taking the TSI Assessment, a Pre-Assessment Activity must be completed and documentation provided to the testing center's check-in before you can test. Click on the link below to be directed to take the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) for SFA, or contact the TSI office at (936) 468-5803 for more information on the PAA.
The Pre-Assessment Activity* includes the following:
- An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment
- Practice test questions and feedback
- An explanation of all your developmental education options, if you don't meet the minimum passing standard; and
- Information on campus and community resources that will help you succeed as a college student.
*You will not be allowed to take the TSI Assessment until you have completed this activity!
You may schedule your test only after the Pre-Assessment Activity is completed.
- Pre-registration is required because space may be limited.
- You must call (936) 468-3958 to pre-register for the TSI Assessment.
- First come, first served. Test results are available same day or next.
Students may re-test at any time for the TSI Assessment as long as there is availability in the testing center.
- Place: Thomas Rusk Building, Room 328
- Time: You must call (936) 468-3958 to pre-register for the TSI Assessment.
- $40 for taking all sections
- $25 per individual section
(Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, check or money order payable to SFA)
Bring: Payment and valid photo identification with signature. Locker storage is available for small items.
Current (not expired) official photo identification: Original and valid (not expired) government-issued identification is required. Acceptable identification documents include passport with photo and signature, driver's license with photo and signature, state identification issued by motor vehicle agency with photo and signature, or military identification with photo and signature. No other identification will be acceptable.
Accommodations for Examinees with Disabilities
If you require accommodations based on a professionally diagnosed and documented disability, you may submit documentation to support your request to SFA Disability Services. All documentation must be submitted well in advance of your preferred testing date. Contact Disability Services at (936) 468-3004 if you have questions concerning special accommodations for the TSI Assessment Test.
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 6130, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962
- Cellular telephones, beepers, cameras, and all photographic, communication, computer, and electronic devices are strictly prohibited in the testing room.
- Prohibited items may not be accessed during any unscheduled breaks.
- Mechanical pencils and pens are not allowed in the testing room.
- Food, drinks, gum, candy and tobacco are not permitted in the testing room.
You can obtain helpful information regarding TSI Assessment at: