The Health Services clinic is staffed by a licensed medical provider, nurse, and laboratory and administrative personnel. We offer medical care similar to what you would receive from your family physician. Services are provided at little or no charge to students.
Students are responsible for informing their professors of absences due to COVID-19. Employees are responsible for informing their supervisors and Human Resources of any absences due to COVID-19 and their expected return-to work date.
Vaccines and boosters are available through health care providers and most pharmacies.
- Injections (must have a doctor's order)
- Allergy injections: All vials and instructions must be provided by your allergist or physician. Our clinical staff are required to review orders prior to scheduling allergy injections. Do not mail allergen vials to Health Services.
- Depo Provera
- TDAP (Tetanus)
- Hep B
- Titers (blood work)
- Hep B
- TB Testing
- TB Skin Test
- TB Gold (blood work)
- Sickle Cell Screen
- Urine Drug Screen
- Testing/treatment for illnesses and minor injuries
- Testing/treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Mental health concerns for stress, anxiety and/or depression
- Women's health
- Routine gynecology check-up, including breast exam and pap smear
- Contraceptive information and prescriptions
- Pelvic exams for pain or symptoms
- Accredited laboratory
- Prescription refills (no controlled substances)
We do not offer the following services:
- Eye Exams, glasses or contacts
- Dental services
- Physical therapy
- Prenatal care
- Students who are pregnant must be under a specialist’s care, even for illness.
- Work-related injuries
- SFA employees, student assistants and other university assistants who are injured while working at the university must report to their immediate supervisor for instructions regarding treatment.
- All work-related injuries must be reported to Human Resources immediately.
- Automobile accidents
- Students who sustain injuries as a result of an automobile accident must receive initial evaluation and treatment by an area medical facility.
- Allergy testing
- ADHD testing/treatment