Explore teaching with STEP 1
JacksTeach Step 1: Exploratory course
Whether you are interested in STEM teaching or unsure if it’s the career choice for you, Step 1 is a one-hour-credit course meeting once a week for a semester where you can try out teaching in a supportive environment. You will
- become part of a STEM learning community
- gain valuable experience inside actual classrooms
- learn from master teachers
- improve your leadership skills and resume
- inspire young minds
- and earn a course completion scholarship.
Step 1 is open to all STEM majors and allows you to explore teaching without the stress of quizzes, exams or a long-term commitment.
If you are undecided, but curious about teaching, give Step 1 a try!
Get excited about learning
Whether you are interested in STEM teaching or unsure if it is the career for you, JacksTeach provides the opportunity to explore the possibilities.
- Earn your science or mathematics degree and prepare to earn a secondary teacher certification simultaneously.
- Approved certificate areas include chemistry (grades 7-12), life science (grades 7-12), mathematics (grades 7-12) and physical science (grades 6-12).
- Work closely with experienced STEM faculty and master teachers.
- Be part of a STEM community dedicated to learning about learning.
- Inspire students to pursue STEM.
- Facilitate hands-on STEM learning while invoking student curiosity.
- Develop résumé-strengthening skills.