Becoming a certified public accountant will make your degree even more valuable, and the Schlief School of Accountancy can put you on the fast track to earning your Texas CPA license.
One of only a few integrated BBA/MPAc programs in Texas, our five-year program leads to a Master of Professional Accountancy and prepares you to take the Texas CPA exam. Complete your bachelor's and master's accounting degrees at the same time!
Accounting, BBA / Master of Professional Accountancy
All SFA undergraduate students must complete the university's core curriculum. Business students also must complete two business common courses, including the Career Success Passport, and BBA students are required to complete foundations of knowledge business courses.
- ACCT 2301 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2302 - Principles of Management Accounting
- ACCT 3301 - Intermediate Accounting
- ACCT 3302 - Intermediate Accounting
- ACCT 3333 - Cost Accounting
- ACCT 3343 - Federal Income Tax
- ACCT 4331 - Governmental Accounting
- ACCT 4337 - Auditing Principles
- ACCT 4343 - Tax of Business
- ACCT 4353 - Accounting and Information Systems
- ACCT 4357 - Controls and Internal Auditing
- CSIT 3340 - Application Software Microcomputers
Required graduate courses
- ACCT 5312 - Seminar in Accounting Research and Analysis
- ACCT 5342 - Advanced Financial Accounting II
- ACCT 5347 - Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 5365 - Ethics and Professional Issues in Accounting
- ACCT 5320 - Professional Communication for Accountants
The 2023-24 graduate bulletin incorrectly lists this course requirement as BCOM 5320.
You also must complete 15 credit hours of additional courses in the MPAc curriculum.