Start strong, Jacks
The first year of college is critical, especially for underrepresented minority students.
Start inspired, motivated, informed and confident by connecting with other Lumberjacks who know how to keep the momentum going in the first year.
Aug. 17 to 19, 2022
Participants will move in to their residence hall Aug. 16 and you'll spend three days making new friends and learning about the academic resources to help you exceed in class.
- Connect with new and current Lumberjacks.
- Chat with AARC tutors about how they turned their grades around.
- OMA mentors will share how they found their home at SFA.
- Participate in "Jack Packs", small-group settings to get all your questions answered.
During the program, you'll learn:
- how to develop goals
- how to be involved and what opportunities are available
- ways to communicate with your professor
- tips for academic success, including how to push through academic setbacks
- and other campus resources.
Explore the best places on campus, enjoy a movie, play games and dine on campus with your fellow participants!
How is Aspire different from other "get started early" programs?
This summer bridge program is all about an inclusive, multicultural, informal, small-group experience.
You'll know immediately that you belong to a community here at SFA.