Skip to main content

Facilities & Membership


Campus Recreation non-member?
Sign up for a Pool Only Membership today!

Weight Room Orientations

Our complimentary tour of the cardio and strength equipment within the Student Recreation Center is available to members and non-members. A fitness assistant will walk you through the facility and discuss the description of machines, muscle groups being worked and demonstrate proper technique.

The orientation will be up to one hour in length and can be scheduled around your classes and work. To schedule a tour, contact the administration office, located in the Student Recreation Center.

Dependents and Guests

Dependents and guests are eligible for a membership if they are sponsored by an eligible or active member. Click on the sponsored membership name to learn more about the policies and criteria.

  • Dependent 16+ years (must be sponsored by an eligible member)
    • $30/month - Sponsored by a Student/Faculty/Staff/Retiree or their spouse
    • $55/month - Sponsored by an SFA Alumni Association Member or their spouse
  • Dependent 5 to 15 years (must be sponsored by an active member)
    • $12.50/month - Sponsored by a Student/Faculty/Staff/Retiree or their spouse 
    • $25/month - Sponsored by an SFA Alumni Association Member or their spouse
  • Dependent 0 to 4 years: (must be sponsored by an active member) Free
  • Guest pass: (must be sponsored by an active member) $10/day

Membership policies

ID card for facility access

You must have a current SFA ID before entering the facility. This may be purchased at the ID office in the Baker Pattillo Student Center for $5. If you are not a current student/faculty/staff member, you will need proof of your Campus Recreation membership to purchase an ID for facility access.

Parking permit

If you do not have an SFA parking permit, you must purchase a “Wellness Permit” through the Student Recreation Center Administrative Office for the lots at both entrances to the building.

If you are one of the following, your active membership is eligible for a "Wellness Permit":

Note: Current SFA students (including online, continuing and dual-credit), faculty and staff members are not eligible for a "Wellness Permit."

Canceling your membership

Requests to cancel must be submitted in writing, either by visiting the Student Recreation Center Administrative Office or by emailing

Note for students currently taking classes on-campus: Withdrawing from the university will void your membership, and you will only be reimbursed for recreation fees according to the refund policy in the General Bulletin.

Frequently Asked Questions

Student Recreation Center

What is the dress code?

Clothing: Patrons must wear shirts/tops that fully cover the chest area and shorts long enough to cover the buttocks and groin areas while moving through the full range of motion. Clothing that is sheer and/or transparent must not expose the chest, buttocks or groin area. Undergarments (including sports bras) must be covered by an additional layer of clothing.

Footwear: Patrons must wear athletic, close-toe/close-heel, non-marking rubber-soled shoes in specified activity areas. Alternative athletic shoes (e.g., Vibram FiveFingers shoes) are permitted.

Staff have the authority to make judgment calls for anything they deem inappropriate. Failure to abide by staff directions could lead to loss of privileges.

How do I secure my belongings in the locker room?

There are two options for securing your belongings:

  • Bring your own lock. There are 70 day-use lockers in each locker room of the Student Recreation Center. These lockers are first come, first served. Locks left on these day-use lockers overnight will be cut.
  • Rent a locker. Lockers with locks are available to rent for $4 per month. To rent a locker, visit the front desk.

How do I make a request to use space for a special event?

To request a facility space for a special event, visit the Facility Reservations page. Submit your request at least two weeks prior to your requested event date.

Can I sign up ahead of time to use a racquetball court?

Yes, you can sign up for racquetball courts at the welcome desk, in person or by calling 936.468.8400. Only same-day reservations are accepted, so make sure to call or come by early to get the times you want.

When can I use the tennis courts?

The tennis courts are available to patrons from 4 to 10 p.m. seven days a week (unless another reservation is scheduled). There are 12 courts with lights. Four courts have lights you can turn on yourself, and the other eight courts must be turned on by Campus Rec staff.

Outdoor Pool

Is pool towel service offered?

We do not provide a pool towel service at this time.

Am I allowed to bring my own tubes or floats?

You are not permitted to bring your own tubes and floats. Inner tubes and noodles are available for guests to use.

What type of personal floatation device is allowed for my child?

Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal life jackets are permitted. We offer a limited number of life jackets that can be used by guests.

Is my life jacket U.S. Coast Guard approved?

All approved life jackets will have a U.S. Coast Guard-approved number on the label.

What are the rules concerning my child wearing a personal floatation device?

If a child is wearing any form of personal floatation device, an adult must be within three feet of the child.

Who must take a swim test to use the diving board or enter the pool without an adult?

Our policy is that all children 8 years old or younger must take a swim test to be able to swim without a guardian within 3 feet or use the diving well. Any person, at the discretion of the Campus Rec lifeguard on duty, may be asked to take a swim test to re-enter the diving well.

What is the swim test?

The person taking the swim test must jump into the water, recover to the surface then swim the length of one lap lane (25 meters) without touching the bottom of the pool. The person passes at the discretion of a Campus Rec lifeguard.



Campus Recreation Department
Staff directory

Physical Address:
Student Recreation Center
1817 Wilson Drive

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 13016, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962