May 2021 ceremony details
Ceremonies will be located at the Johnson Coliseum. Candidates must arrive 45 minutes before the ceremony start time.
Limit six guests per candidate - tickets required. Admission to the ceremony is free; tickets will help university officials ensure the venue is not overcrowded and adequate spacing can be maintained during the event. These tickets will only be valid for the graduating candidate's specific commencement ceremony and are required to enter the Johnson Coliseum.
Face coverings will be required while inside Johnson Coliseum and social distancing guidelines will be practiced.
The university policy 6.8 states, in part:
As a formal ceremony, all attendees are expected to abide by any protocol or guidelines issued by the university which will, at a minimum, include the following:
- All attendees must follow all written and verbal instructions.
- All attendees must remain seated during the ceremony and remain for the entire ceremony.
- All graduates are required to wear formal academic attire.
- All cell phones or other electronic devices must be silenced.
- The possession or use of air horns and any other artificial noisemaker, fireworks, balloons, flags, or banners is prohibited.
Any attendee who is disruptive or fails to follow instructions may be escorted from the venue. Each SFA graduate and guest deserves to enjoy a ceremony that reflects the candidate's significant accomplishment without inappropriate or excessive interruptions.
Friday, May 7
|1 p.m.||2020 May and Aug. Graduates
Dept. of Human Services and Ed. Leadership
|4 p.m.||Dept. of Ed. Studies
College of Forestry and Agriculture
|7 p.m.||School of Human Sciences
Dept. of Kinesiology and Health Science
Saturday, May 8
|9 a.m.||College of Business|
|Noon||College of Fine Arts
School of Social Work
|3 p.m.||College of Liberal and Applied Arts|
|6 p.m.||College of Sciences and Mathematics|