The Office of the Registrar provides students access their academic records on file at SFA. Information on SFA's requirement to protect the privacy of education records is available on the FERPA Protection page.
Do you have a "transcript hold"?
The registrar's office won't release your transcript if you have certain holds on your student record. Any holds will include the hold type and the contact information for the office you must contact to clear the hold.
View and clear transcript holds
- Log in to mySFA.
- Select the "Registration" tab.
- Locate the "Registration Holds" block.
Unable to access your mySFA account? Call the registrar's office at 946.468.2501 for details regarding your account holds.
Most common transcript holds
- Business Office
- Outstanding balance
- Accounts receivable hold
- Returned web check
- Financial Aid
- Financial aid hold
- Default on certain loan programs:
- College Access Loan (CAL)
- Texas B-On-Time Loan (BOT)
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Loan
- Office of Admissions:
- Incomplete file
- Registrar's office:
- Invalid address
- Invalid transcript
- Social Security number issue
- Steen Library
- Unpaid fine
Order your official transcript online
Online orders streamline the process by allowing you to:
- choose an eTranscript or paper transcript
- place an order anytime, day or night
- pay with any major credit card
- check the status of your order
- and select standard overnight FedEx for paper transcript delivery.
Note: eTranscripts are available to students first enrolled fall 1995 - present.
Each academic year, current and former students pay only the per-transcript handling fee of $2.40 and any applicable shipping charges for up to 12 official transcripts. Orders placed in the same academic year exceeding this limit are $10 per transcript.
A complete pricing break-down, including shipping rates, is available when you place your order.
Processing and delivery time
- PDF via email: typically delivered within an hour, but may take up to three hours.
- Electronically sent through SPEEDE Server: 3 to 5 business days
- SPEEDE Server is an electronic data exchange server that allows a secure exchange of education documents and data.
- During the ordering process, you will have the option to search the recipient table to determine if your institution participates in this service.
- Processing and delivery time is typically 7 to 10 business days. Transcripts are mailed via USPS first-class mail.
If you need assistance placing an online order, contact:
Customer service: 847.716.3005
7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Fridays.
Credentials, Inc. Authorization: SFA has authorized Credentials, Inc. to provide our online transcript order processing services. As an agent for the university as defined by FERPA, Credentials Inc. is subject to, and operates within the bounds of, the same information provisions of FERPA.
Ordering in writing or in person
You also may request a hard-copy official transcript in person or in writing. If you're wanting an electronic version, you'll need to order online.
Mail, fax or email your request
Requests submitted through this method do not incur a transcript fee.
- Complete the request for official transcript (PDF).
- Print and sign the request.
- Submit your request and copy of your valid photo ID by mail or fax using the contact information at the bottom of this page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing and delivery time is typically 7 to 10 business days. Transcripts are mailed via USPS first-class mail. We will not fax or email your transcript.
In-person requests are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, with the exception of holidays. To request your official transcript in person, bring a valid photo ID to the registrar's office, located on the second floor of the Rusk Building.
Transcripts are only released to the student, unless a signed release and documentation is provided.
Each academic year, current and former students are provided 12 official transcripts at no cost. Orders placed in the same academic year exceeding this limit are $10 per transcript. Cash and check are accepted, with checks payable to "SFASU Registrar".
Do you need a transcript mailed? You can submit a request form to have an official transcript mailed via USPS first-class mail. We will not fax or email your transcript.