The Office of the Registrar provides students access to their academic records on file at SFA. Information on SFA's requirement to protect the privacy of education records is available on the FERPA Protection page.
Do you have a "transcript hold"?
The registrar's office won't release your transcript if you have certain holds on your student record. Any holds will include the hold type and the contact information for the office you must contact to clear the hold.
View and clear transcript holds
- Log in to mySFA.
- Select the "Registration" tab.
- Locate the "Registration Holds" block.
Unable to access your mySFA account? Call the registrar's office at 936.468.2501 for details regarding your account holds.
Most common transcript holds
- Student Business Services
- Outstanding balance
- Accounts receivable hold
- Returned web check
- Financial Aid
- Financial aid hold
- Default on certain loan programs:
- College Access Loan (CAL)
- Texas B-On-Time Loan (BOT)
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Loan
- Office of Admissions:
- Incomplete file
- Registrar's office:
- Invalid address
- Invalid transcript
- Social Security number issue
- Steen Library
- Unpaid fine
Waiting for your term grades or degree to post
Available a week before finals, current students can submit their transcript request and indicate if they would like the request to be held for current term grades or their degree to post.
- Grades are typically posted to academic transcripts within two to three business days after the term ends.
- Degrees are typically posted to transcripts 10 business days after commencement, but depending on the situation it could take up to six weeks.
Order your official transcript online
Online orders streamline the process by allowing you to:
- choose an eTranscript or paper transcript
- place an order anytime, day or night
- pay with any major credit card
- check the status of your order
Note: eTranscripts are available to students first enrolled fall 1995 - present.
Current students may receive 10 free official transcripts per academic year and will be charged $10 per copy thereafter. Former students will be charged $10 per official transcript.
A complete pricing break-down, including shipping rates, is available when you place your order.
Processing and delivery time
- eTranscript (digital format)
- Email: Receive a PDF document via email. Delivery typically is within an hour, but the process may take up to three hours.
- SPEEDE server: Receive your transcript within 3 to 5 business days
- SPEEDE Server is an electronic data exchange server that allows a secure exchange of education documents and data.
- During the ordering process, you will have the option to search the recipient table to determine if your institution participates in this service.
- Processing and delivery time is typically 7 to 10 business days. Transcripts are mailed via U.S. Postal Service first-class mail.
- Overnight FedEx delivery is available for an additional fee.
If you need assistance placing an online order, contact:
Customer service: 847.716.3005
7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Fridays.
Credentials Inc. Authorization: SFA has authorized Credentials, Inc. to provide our online transcript order processing services. As an agent for the university as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Credentials Inc. is subject to, and operates within the bounds of, the same information provisions of FERPA.
Ordering in writing or in person
You also may request a hard-copy official transcript in person or in writing. If you're wanting an electronic version, you'll need to order online.
Mail, fax or email request
- Complete the transcript request form (PDF).
- Print and sign the request.
- Submit your request and copy of your valid photo ID by using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Processing and delivery time is typically 7 to 10 business days. Transcripts are mailed via U.S. Postal Service first-class mail. We will not fax or email your transcript.
In-person requests are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, with the exception of holidays. To request your official transcript in person, bring a valid photo ID to the registrar's office, located on the second floor of the Rusk Building.
Transcripts are only released to the student, unless a signed release and documentation is provided.
Each academic year, current students are provided 10 official transcripts at no cost. Orders placed in the same academic year exceeding this limit are $10 per transcript. Former students will be charged $10 per official transcript. Cash, money order and check are accepted, with checks payable to "SFASU Registrar."
Do you need a transcript mailed? You can submit a request form to have an official transcript mailed via U.S. Postal Service first-class mail. We will not fax or email your transcript.