The Office of the Registrar provides students access to their academic records on file at SFA. Information on SFA's requirement to protect the privacy of education records is available on the FERPA Protection page.
Do you have a "transcript hold"?
The registrar's office won't release your transcript if you have certain holds on your student record. Any holds will include the hold type and the contact information for the office you must contact to clear the hold.
View and clear transcript holds
- Log in to mySFA.
- Select the "Registration" tab.
- Locate the "Registration Holds" block.
Unable to access your mySFA account? Call the registrar's office at 936.468.2501 for details regarding your account holds.
Most common transcript holds
- Student Business Services
- Outstanding balance
- Accounts receivable hold
- Returned web check
- Financial Aid
- Financial aid hold
- Default on certain loan programs:
- College Access Loan (CAL)
- Texas B-On-Time Loan (BOT)
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Loan
- Office of Admissions:
- Incomplete file
- Registrar's office:
- Invalid address
- Invalid transcript
- Social Security number issue
- Steen Library
- Unpaid fine
Waiting for your term grades or degree to post
Available a week before finals, current students can submit their transcript request and indicate if they would like the request to be held for current term grades or their degree to post.
- Grades are typically posted to academic transcripts within two to three business days after the term ends.
- Degrees are typically posted to transcripts 10 business days after commencement, but depending on the situation it could take up to six weeks.
Order your official transcript online
Online orders streamline the process by allowing you to:
- choose an eTranscript or paper transcript
- place an order anytime, day or night
- pay with any major credit card
- check the status of your order
Current and former students will be charged $10 per copy of their official transcript.
Processing and delivery time
- Receive a PDF document via email. Delivery typically is within an hour.
- Processing and delivery time is typically 7 to 10 business days. Transcripts are mailed via U.S. Postal Service first-class mail.
- Overnight FedEx delivery is available for an additional fee.
Need help with your transcript order?
The best first step is to log into your Parchment account, then visit the Parchment Help Center, where you can find answers to frequently asked questions and articles to support your needs.
From the Parchment Help Center, you can submit a web case for support or contact a learner support representative for assistance.
The support team is available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Parchment Authorization: SFA has authorized Parchment to provide our online transcript order processing services. As an agent for the university as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Parchment is subject to, and operates within the bounds of, the same information provisions of FERPA.
Ordering in person
You also may request a hard-copy official transcript in person. If you're wanting an electronic version, you'll need to order online.
In-person requests are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, with the exception of university holidays. To request your official transcript in person, bring a valid photo ID to the registrar's office, located on the second floor of the Rusk Building.
Transcripts are only released to the student, unless a signed release and documentation is provided.