A transcript is an official record of a student's entire tenure at SFA. It reflects all coursework and grades per term and academic status is considered "good" with eligibility to return unless noted.
Students first enrolled fall 1995 - present will have a computer-generated transcript.
Course numbering system
SFA courses taken fall 2020 and later follow the Texas Common Core Number System of a four-digit subject prefix and four-digit course number.
The academic level is indicated by the first digit in the course number:
- 1000-level: Freshman or first year courses
- 2000-level: Sophomore or second year courses
- 3000-level: Junior or third year courses
- 4000-level: Senior or fourth year courses
- 5000-level: Graduate courses
- 6000-level: Doctoral courses
Prior to Fall 2020: Courses were assigned a three-digit subject prefix and three-digit course number. The course number followed the same academic-level designations.
Graduate transcript with undergraduate-level courses:
Prior to Fall 2010, certain 400-level courses would be approved for graduate level credit and therefore may appear on the graduate transcript. Additionally, certain other undergraduate-level courses may appear on the graduate transcript with zero-attempted and zero-earned hours.
Information concerning grades, their description and quality points is available in university policy 5.5 (PDF). Term and cumulative totals are shown at the end of each term.
- Attempt Hours: (AHRS) All attempted hours, including transfer hours and remedial hours.
- Earned Hours: (EHRS) All earned hours, including transfer work but excluding remedial hours.
- Quality Hours: (GPAHRS) All quality hours used to compute grade point average. Excludes pass hours, remedial hours and hours transferred from other institutions.
- Quality Points: (QPTS) Total quality points earned from QHRS.
- GPA: QPTS earned at SFA divided by QHRS.
View: Repeating Courses
SFA Honor Roll
Degree-seeking undergraduate students are recognized when they earn at least 12 quality hours during the fall or spring term, as well as the following term GPA:
- President's List: 4.0
- Dean's List: 3.5 to 3.999
|Summa cum laude||3.8 to 4.0|
|Magna cum laude||3.6 to 3.799|
|Cum laude||3.4 to 3.599|