Skip to main content

Know the difference

Are you dropping all registered courses for a specific semester?

No, only specific courses Yes, all courses this semester

If you receive financial aid, remember that a change in your enrollment status may result in a reduction or cancelation of your financial assistance. Speak with your financial aid advisor to discuss the risks of losing current and/or future aid.

Dropping specific courses

Refer to the Dates and Deadlines page to determine if you are eligible to drop a course through the automated "Add/Drop Courses" feature in mySFA. If this deadline has passed, you will need to complete a request to drop: 

  1. Log in to mySFA.
  2. Select the "Registration" tab.
  3. Locate the "Registration Forms & Tools" block.
  4. Select the "Drop Request Form/Request to Withdraw" link.

Follow the instructions to complete and submit the required documentation. Submitted requests may result in a grade of W6, which counts toward your six-drop limit. Read HOP policy 04-103 for complete details on course add/drop.

Athletes, international students, dual credit students and students using veteran benefits must bring written permission to the Office of the Registrar prior to completing the Drop Request form.

Refund eligibility

If you are dropping a course, you may be eligible for a refund of applicable tuition and fees for the course dropped, provided the you remain enrolled for that semester or term.

More information is available on the Student Business Services refunds page, or by calling 936.468.6960.

Withdrawing from all courses

Refer to the Dates and Deadlines page to determine specific withdraw deadlines and the impact it will have on your transcript. Withdrawing may have additional consequences, such as:

  • loss of financial aid, including any exemptions and waivers applied to the student's account.
  • impact on medical and/or other insurance coverage.
  • change in academic status, especially if you are already on probation.
  • requirement to move out of on-campus residence hall.

To complete the withdrawal process, you will need to complete a request to withdraw: 

  1. Log in to mySFA.
  2. Select the "Registration" tab.
  3. Locate the "Register" block.
  4. Select the "Drop Request Form/Request to Withdraw" link.

If you live on campus, you need to contact Residence Life for information on move out procedures.

Withdrawal after applying to graduate

If you need to withdraw after applying for graduation, you must contact Include your name and campus ID number.

Financial obligations after withdrawing

You may have a balance on your eBill after withdrawing. It's important to note that transcripts will not be released unless your account shows a balance of zero.

If you have questions regarding this matter, contact Student Business Services at 936.468.6960.

Withdrawal processed: what's next?

After your withdrawal has been processed, you should notify offices on campus that may have an impact on your ability to receive a transcript. Consider the following offices when determining your checklist:

Student Business Services 936.468.6960
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships 936.468.2403
Residence Life 936.468.2601
Steen Library 936.468.1497 email a librarian

Other areas to address:

Do you need to update your meal plan or close your on-campus P.O. Box? Complete these changes through mySFA:

  1. Log in to mySFA.
  2. Select the "Campus Life" tab.
  3. Locate the "Other Information" block.


Office of the Registrar

Physical Address:
Rusk Building, Room 202

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 13050 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962

Let us know how we're doing

Your feedback about the services you received from the Office of the Registrar will help us identify areas in which we can improve. The survey is anonymous — we appreciate your honest input!

Customer Service Survey