In accordance with university policy 6.24, if you need to drop a course or withdraw from the university for medical reasons, you must complete a student medical appeal.
Qualifications to appeal
Students must meet the following qualifications to be considered for the medical appeal:
- The medical condition must have occurred to the student.
- Medical appeal requests must be submitted within six months of the semester affected by the medical condition.
Overview of the process
- Submit your completed medical appeal online. Any incomplete medical appeals will be rejected and returned to you for completion/revision.
- The medical appeal will be sent to the Medical Appeal Committee for review. They have 30 days to make their decision.
- You'll receive the final decision via email. If approved, registration changes will be completed by the Office of the Registrar.
Submitting your medical appeal
You must complete the online medical appeal form. A written statement from you and medical documentation is required when submitting the form.
When is the appeal form due?
Medical appeals must be submitted within six months of the last day of the semester.
|Fall 2022||June 12, 2023|
|Spring 2023||Nov. 6, 2023|
Will I get a refund? Will this affect my financial aid?
The medical appeal committee cannot make any guarantees or approvals regarding billing or financial aid.
If the appeal is approved, the drop or withdrawal date selected by the committee could impact billing and/or financial aid.
It is your responsibility to understand before submitting the appeal how these will be affected if the committee approves the requested date. Contact Student Business Services and the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information.