What drew you to the higher education world?
I grew up 35 miles away in San Augustine, so we came to SFA for events. This connection with SFA at a young age, along with the university's reputation, drew me to SFA for a career in higher education.
What do you enjoy most about your role at SFA?
I enjoy being in an educational environment surrounded by students. I love to continually learn and grow in my profession. As a certified public accountant, SFA's complicated accounting structure and regulations keep me challenged and professionally satisfied.
What do you hope students gain from SFA?
I hope that students find their calling at SFA so they will have professional satisfaction in their chosen field and make a positive impact in their communities and beyond. I also hope they gain a second home at SFA – a place where they feel a sense of belonging and commitment.
What are you passionate about outside of your role at SFA?
Outside of SFA, I am passionate about my faith, family and friends. My husband and I enjoy supporting community organizations and events, serving in our church, and having fun adventures.
- Interim President (June 1, 2023 - present)
- Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Chief Audit Executive
- Assistant Administrator and Chief Financial Officer
Nacogdoches County Hospital District/Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital
- Management Audit Director
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Audit Staff
- Master of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration with honors in accounting
The University of Texas at Austin
Awards / Achievements
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified Internal Auditor, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Texas Governor’s Office Management Development Program
- Institute of Internal Auditors Vision University
- Texas Association of College and University Auditors, past president and board member
- Association of College and University Auditors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, East Texas Chapter
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Houston Chapter
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Houston Chapter
- First Christian Church, trustee, deaconess and small group leader
- Stephen F. Austin State University Alumni Association Life Member
- The University of Texas Exes Life Member
- Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Nacogdoches graduate
- Nacogdoches County Historical Foundation Heritage Heralds, member and past president
- History of service, leadership and support for local schools, sports teams and nonprofit organizations