Skip to main content
Transfer Student Network

The fall 2022 ApplyTexas application opened July 1.
SFA will begin receiving submitted applications on Thursday, July 22.
Within the days following, you will receive the necessary information to set up your mySFA account. You can track your application progress and interact with various SFA departments in the mySFA portal.



It's not where you start. It's where you finish. Finish at SFA!

Ready to make the most of your remaining college years? SFA is the perfect place to complete your college education. Transfer students with at least a 2.0 GPA with at least 15 transferable college credits are encouraged to apply to SFA today, where they will have special access to scholarship opportunities and student orientation.

    Understand transferable hours

    Curious about community college transferable hours? Use these resources to find out more:

    course equivalency guide two-year planning guides

    Partnering Institutions

    SFA has created partnerships with surrounding institutions to create a seamless transition to your bachelor’s degree. View our current partnerships:

    Applying to SFA

      Requirements to apply

      To apply as a transfer student, you must:

      • have completed 15 transferable hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
      • and not be academically suspended from another educational institution.

      Application checklist

      Transfer Admissions Application Checklist:

      Next Steps:


      Decision letters should arrive within two to three weeks of submitting a complete application.


      Once you apply, you’ll get your own mySFA account within one week. mySFA is the official communication method of the university. Log on and set up your account right away to check on financial aid awards, housing assignments and class registration.

      Transfer Orientation

      Register through the Orientation tab on mySFA

      At Transfer Lumberjack Orientation you will:

      • Learn about SFA resources, campus processes and university traditions
      • Meet with your academic advisor
      • Register for classes


      Scholarships and Aid

      Get started early! You don’t have to be admitted to apply for aid and scholarships. Visit the Types of Aid page to learn more about the different aid options that may be available to you, like grants, loans, scholarships and more.


      State law requires new students have a bacterial meningitis vaccine at least 10 days prior to enrollment. The Office of Admissions will share this information with the Department of Residence Life as it’s also required in order to receive your housing assignment.


      Use mySFA to apply for housing as soon as you finish your admissions application. Transfer students that are at least 21 years old, or have 60 earned college hours, may apply for an off-campus permit.

      Academic Advising

      To register for classes each semester, academic advising is required. Contact the advising center within your college to make an appointment.


      When is the application deadline?

      SFA is a rolling admissions university, meaning there is no application deadline.

      What is an official transcript?

      A transcript is considered official if it is delivered in the original, sealed envelope or sent electronically from the institution.

      How much does it cost to attend SFA?

      Check out the breakdown of tuition and fees for resident and non-resident students on the Cost of Attendance page.

      Where can I submit my missing admissions documents?

      Send your missing admissions documents to the Office of Admissions by mail, email or fax:

      P.O. Box 13051, SFA Station
      Nacogdoches, Texas 75962

      Fax: 936.468.3849


      Office of Admissions
      Fax: 936.468.3149
      Staff directory

      Physical Address:
      Rusk Building
      Room 206

      Mailing Address:
      P.O. Box 13051, SFA Station
      Nacogdoches, Texas 75962