SFA’s Department of Earth Sciences and Geologic Resources ensures that our students and faculty are equipped with the technology necessary to perform state-of-the-art research.
Major geology equipment includes:
- Optical microscopes
- CG-5 microgravity meter
- OhmMapper resistivity meter
- UV spectrometer
- Water chemistry equipment
- Mineral separation equipment
- X-ray diffraction instrumentation
- Cesium-vapor magnetometer
- Ground conductivity meter
- Ground penetrating radar
Computer labs are available in the Department of Earth Sciences and Geologic Resources for training and research on the latest geological and geophysical software used in the oil and gas and environmental industries.
Petroleum Experts Limited has donated their MOVE software suite to the department to enhance the educational experience of our students.