Skip to main content

Where can I work after I finish earning my MSN-FNP degree?

Graduates from the program are employed in places across the state, including Nacogdoches, Lufkin, Longview, Tyler, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Lubbock, San Antonio and Temple. They work as family nurse practitioners in clinics, emergency rooms and specialty areas.

Where can I work after I earn my MSN with a focus as a nurse educator?

With the nursing education option, graduates teach nursing at community colleges, universities and high school health occupation programs. Nurse educators also work in hospitals or other large corporations throughout the U.S.

What is a degree plan? And when do I need to file one?

A degree plan is a formal statement of requirements a student must complete in order to graduate. To be official, a degree plan must be certified by the college of the student's major. Nursing students will receive a degree plan the semester they are admitted to the SFA School of Nursing. Students finalize their degree plan during the on-campus orientation before beginning the program.

What are the application deadlines?

Applications may be submitted at any time, but they must be submitted by June 1 to enroll in the fall semester.

Apply at

When do applications open?

Applications are always open for Post Master's Certificates. All other MSN applications open January 1 for fall admission. Acceptances begin March 1.

Do I need to submit official transcripts to both the Graduate School and the School of Nursing?

All transcripts can be submitted through the application process at

What do I include in the application at

Personal data, transcripts, nursing license, personal statement and contact information for three references; No GRE required. 

How many hours can be taken each semester?

Three to six hours can be taken each semester. Summer is considered one semester. For the nurse educator track, the fastest a student can finish is seven semesters. For the FNP track, the fastest a student can finish is eight semesters. Post Master's Certificate candidates' timeframes vary and must be evaluated by the MSN program coordinator.

Do I need to work while in the program?

Students can work full-time, part-time or not at all. Clinical hours are required during the program.

MSN Program Contacts

Erin Bailey, DNP, RN, FNP-C
Coordinator – MSN Program
Phone: 936.468.7733

MSN program


DeWitt School of Nursing

5707 North Street
Administration Building
Suite 102

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 6156, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962

ACEN accredited logo

DAISY award